Friday, April 20, 2012

Does This Mean That Nobody In The MSM Read Obama's Book?

I think this explanation is quite likely.
Crazy week, huh? Just the other day, Diane Sawyer was advocating on behalf of Seamus the Dog. Now all our moral, ethical, and intellectual superiors in the media are tripping over themselves trying to explain why it’s okay to talk about Romney’s dog but not Obama’s lunch. Now we’re getting all sorts of very, very concerned think-pieces about the dire state of political discourse in America, which didn’t seem to be an issue when they were hammering Romney about his dog for months.

All because of lil’ ol’ me?

The thing of it is, I didn’t do anything extraordinary. I just published a quote from one of Obama’s several autobiographies that one of my commenters, FlatFoot, pointed out.
I recall 1992, when I took the time to read Al Gore's book. What I learned in that book made it quite clear to me that not one of those pundits in the MSM who were telling us how great it was had read a single word.

I also recall reading a biting Seattle Times' criticism of Gretchen Morgenson's definitive investigation of the origins of the mortgage meltdown. As someone who had actually read the book, it was obvious that the critic had not touched the book.

Don't bother looking for it. It's been flushed down the memory hole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home