Tuesday, December 09, 2003

No F**king Way!

No F**king Way!

More than anyone else, John Kerry has reminded me of Al Gore during this campaign, except that he's not quite as personable. He has too many advisors on his staff, giving him conflicting advice, all of which he has tried to use, resulting in shifting positions and a very incoherent message.

First, he tried to present himself as a centrist, then found himself outflanked on the left by Dean. Since then, he has tried, without success to compete with Dean on the left. This is problematic for him because his new positions contradict his voting record.

So now, he has tried to out anger Dean, trying to apprear even less civil than the former Vermont governor.

Examle: "Did you feel you were blindsided by Dean's success?

Well, not blindsided. I mean, when I voted for the war, I voted for what I thought was best for the country. Did I expect Howard Dean to go off to the left and say, "I'm against everything"? Sure. Did I expect George Bush to fuck it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home