Monday, January 19, 2004

Martin Luther King, Conservative Republican?

Martin Luther King, Conservative Republican?

Paul Greenberg recounts how those of us who have consistently adhered to Dr. Martin Luther King's vision, are now categorized as "conservatives."

"I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal. I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
Point to one word of that paragraph that encorages racial preferences or midnight basketball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home