Tuesday, June 15, 2004

The Death Of Debate

John Leo notes that the left is increasing unwilling to debate. Leftists prefer intimidation and insults.

Nothing in my remarks would have come as a surprise to readers of this column, and it turned out that maybe two-thirds of the people at the dinner strongly agreed with my talk. But it shocked one man -- a former university president of some note -- who denounced my comments as "the most intellectually dishonest speech I have ever heard." I think he meant to say that he disagreed. Or maybe he thought I was attacking his old university. Nobody knows what he thought because he just repeated his "intellectually dishonest" remark and left, closing the door quickly behind him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home