Saturday, July 10, 2004

Choose Your Liar

Michael Moore claims that, after seeing "Fahrenheit 9/11," Tom Daschle gave him a hug. Daschle, who's running for reelection, claims it never happened.

When asked about Moore's account of a hug after the premiere and the criticism Daschle has received for it, the South Dakota Democrat said he and Moore did not embrace. Daschle said his schedule forced him to arrive late and leave early.

"I know we senators all tend to look alike. But I arrived late, and I had to leave early for Senate votes. I didn't meet Mr. Moore," Daschle said.

In a lengthy Time magazine piece about the movie and its political effects, Richard Corliss reported Moore's criticism of Daschle's leadership and the filmmaker's account of a hug with Daschle.

"At the Washington premiere, Moore sat a few rows behind Daschle. Afterward, says Moore, ‘He gave me a hug and said he felt bad and that we were all gonna fight from now on. I thanked him for being a good sport,'" Corliss wrote.


At most, only one of these liars could be telling the truth. I personally can decide which is more reliable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home