Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Of Course, If The New York Times Had It's Way

Donald Rumsfeld notes that it's been almost a full year since we've heard anything from Osama bin Laden and speculates that he's cut off from his command structure.

"I think it is interesting that we haven't heard from him for close to a year," Rumsfeld told reporters en route to Islamabad.

"I don't know what it means, but I suspect in any event if he is alive and functioning that he is spending a major fraction of his time trying to avoid being caught," Rumsfeld said.

"I have trouble believing he is able to operate sufficiently to be in a position of major command over a worldwide al Qaeda operation, but I could be wrong," he said.


Of course, if the New York Times and the Democratic Party had their way, then he could just call his operatives on the phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home