Thursday, December 29, 2005

Religions Are All About The Same

A Muslim man "protects" his famlies honor by killing his 8 year old daughter for adultery, then killing her younger sisters because he expected them to follow her sinful path.

Bibi recounted how she was awakened by a shriek as Ahmed put his hand to the mouth of his stepdaughter, Muqadas, and cut her throat with a machete. She said she looked on helplessly from the corner of the room as he then killed the three girls -- Bano, 8, Sumaira, 7, and Humaira, 4 -- pausing between the slayings to brandish the bloodstained knife at his wife, warning her not to intervene or raise alarm.

"I was shivering with fear. I did not know how to save my daughters," Bibi, sobbing, told AP by phone from the village. "I begged my husband to spare my daughters but he said, 'If you make a noise, I will kill you."'

"The whole night the bodies of my daughters lay in front of me," she said.

"I thought the younger girls would do what their eldest sister had done, so they should be eliminated," the father, Ahmed said, his hands cuffed, his face unshaven. "We are poor people and we have nothing else to protect but our honor."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home