Friday, February 24, 2006

The President Praises Dubai

“Dubai is a role model of what could be achieved despite the other negative developments in the region. When I went to Dubai for the first time, I was taken to a technology facility where I hooked up to a bank kiosk and found that one can use a conventional banking service, while at the same time opt for an Islamic Sharia compliant service, which I thought was wonderful. This is a very good example of how cultures and values could be merged and offered to the rest. I was amazed and I have a lot of admiration for Sheikh Mohammed for what he’s doing in Dubai.”

Oh, did I mention that this was President Clinton? That was then, this is now.

“This sale will create an unacceptable risk to the security of our ports,” the Senators wrote to Frist. “We therefore request that emergency legislation we are introducing to ban foreign governments from controlling operations at our ports be slated for immediate consideration when the Senate convenes on February 27.

This issue transcends philosophical posturing and partisan bickering – it is about our nation’s security.”


All Arabs are terrorists, you know. We don't need any friends in the region, they're all enemies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home