Saturday, February 18, 2006

Why Reporters Shouldn't be the Story

An former editor of mine once said that is wasn't good jouralism for the place kicker to comment on his own field goal efforts. That's why it was not good journalism for David Gregory to report on his own questioning of Scott McClellan earlier this week.

I do not apologize for asking tough questions about this story. I'm in the business of getting information -- as much of it as possible. The public and I don't always get as much as I think we deserve, but I keep trying. I also try to demand straight answers. Covering politicians, I have to work harder to get them. I have not made any judgments about the facts of this story as it pertains to what happened on the Armstrong ranch. I have stuck to reporting the facts. I do, however feel it's appropriate to push hard for full and immediate disclosure from our country's highest leaders about their conduct -- public and private.

Personally, I don't recall David Gregory asking "tough questions." I recall David Greagory asking uninformed, unfocused question in a rude and abusive manner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home