Monday, December 24, 2007

How Hillary Made Peace In Northern Ireland

I missed this when it happened last month, but is it seems Hillary Clinton is now claiming that she played a pivotal role in negotiating peace in Northern Ireland.

"I was deeply involved in the Irish peace process," Clinton said. "And I know it’s frustrating. It took years before the Catholics and the Protestants before Sinn Fein and you know, the DUP would even talk to each other,"


Closer to the event itself, here's how she described her contribution.

Hillary met with women leaders of the peace movement. Rather than discuss the difficulties of the peace process, Hillary focused on a teapot used by the women:


“They poured tea from ordinary stainless steel teapots, and when I remarked how well they kept the tea warm, Joyce insisted that I take a pot to remember them by. I used that dented teapot every day in our small family kitchen in the White House...”


It sorta seems that her contribution was akin to, "baking cookies and holding teas."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home