Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I'm Not So Weird After All

When I was a kid, I hated clowns. Turns out, I had a lot of company, although I don't recall ever being scared of clowns.

A survey found that decorating wards with images of clowns was more likely to frighten young patients than cheer them up.

More than 250 children aged between four and 16 were asked for their opinions - and every single one said they disliked clowns as part of hospital decor.

Even some of the older children said they found clowns scary, Nursing Standard magazine reported.

The youngsters were questioned by the University of Sheffield for the Space To Care study aimed at improving hospital design for children.


It's about time somebody asked the kids what they thought of this.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home