Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy, Tenth Anniversary This Sunday, January 27, 2008



"This is a battle!"

"I do believe that this is a battle," the first lady said.

"Look at the very people who are involved in this. They have popped up in other settings. The great story here for anybody willing to find it, write about it and explain it is this vast right-wing conspiracy that has been conspiring against my husband since the day he announced for president," Mrs. Clinton said.

The first lady called the sex and perjury allegations swirling around her husband part of an effort "to undo the results of two elections."

An independent counsel, Kenneth Starr, has expanded his investigation to include charges that the president may have encouraged the ex-intern, Monica Lewinsky, now 24, to lie under oath about whether she and the president had an affair.

"That is not going to be proven true," Clinton said. She said she was fighting the charges "not only because I love and believe my husband" but for the sake of the nation.

"Bill and I have been accused of everything, including murder, by some of the very same people who are behind these allegations," she said. "So from my perspective, this is part of a continuing political campaign against my husband.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home