Monday, December 28, 2009

WILLIAMS: Foolish congressional accounting made simple - Washington Times

WILLIAMS: Foolish congressional accounting made simple - Washington Times

A good friend of mine came up to me the other day and said, "Hey, I'll be a millionaire in 10 years."

Now, I know this guy isn't a millionaire. He can't possibly make more than $100,000 a year, and I know he's paying off a big home and has a few children in school. So I said, "Really? Do you have a rich uncle who's dying soon?"

He replied, "Nope. My friend, I'll be a millionaire if you don't count any of my expenses. Yeah, if you take out what I owe on my house, my car payments, health expenses, taxes, I'll be a bona fide millionaire in 10 years. It's called 'congressional accounting,' man, it's the new way of doing math."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home