Saturday, February 20, 2010

Black Republican Woman Running For Congress In Arkansas

If an African-American conservative runs for Congress, will Keith Olbermann notice? My guess is that he'll stick to his narrative.

Princella Smith, 26, will announce on Saturday that she is running for Congress in Arkansas’s 1st District. Some would say she is too young. Others might point to other potential hurdles: She’s running in eastern Arkansas, a district that hasn’t elected a Republican since 1872 in a Southern state that has never elected a black person to a congressional or state-wide office.

“I think I’m the person to do this,” Smith said. “I’m going to tell people to come on board with me, listen to these ideas, and that we can get people excited again about the Republican Party.”

If Smith wins, she will be the first black Republican female in Congress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home