Monday, August 30, 2010

Charlie Crist Distances Himself From Charlie Crist

Again. If you want to know what Charlie Crist believes, don't bother asking Charlie Crist. He doesn't have a clue.

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist appeared to backtrack from statements he made regarding same-sex marriage during a CNN interview Sunday, saying in a statement that he does not support a Constitutional ban on the practice.

The comments appear at odds with what the Florida Senate candidate told CNN's Ed Henry on State of the Union, during which he expressed continued support for a ban on same-sex marriage.

"I feel the same way, yes, because I feel that marriage is a sacred institution, if you will. But I do believe in tolerance. I'm a live and let live kind of guy, and while I feel that way about marriage, I think if partners want to have the opportunity to live together, I don't have a problem with that," said Crist when asked about his stance against same-sex marriage when he ran for governor four years ago.


This is getting to be a habit for him. Crist seems to believe that he is above it all, including principles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home