Friday, December 31, 2010

Twenty Five State Legislators Switch To GOP

"We are pleased with the decision of these men and women to leave the Democratic Party and join with us.  They are adding to the ranks of Americans who want to put result-oriented ideas into action to get us moving in the right direction. Each of these legislators’ insight, experience, and commitment to common-sense, conservative policies will make our Party stronger,"  (GOPAC chairman) Donatelli said.

Note that when Lousiana's Representative Noble Ellington switched parties a short time ago it actually gave Republicans control of the state legislature for the first time since the Reconstruction.
Add the former president of the College Democrats of America to the list of those joining the side of the angels.
"I always thought of myself as a conservative," Bell said. "After I got elected, I realized I was more conservative than I thought, when actually having to make tough decisions about what to do with people's tax dollars and being a steward of public trust."

Bell said he feels the Democratic Party has become more liberal in recent years, making the Republican Party a better match for his ideals.

"It's a large party and I definitely fit comfortably in the conservative wing of the Republican Party," Bell said.

While considering the move, Bell sought the advice of people from both parties, who told him to go where he feels most comfortable.

"I have no reservations, and I'm 100 percent comfortable with changing my party affiliation to the party that reflects the way I feel about government and the role government should play in our lives, which is one of less intrusion," Bell said.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home