Sunday, January 29, 2012

Spike Lee - Older And Wiser?

Has Spike Lee been listening to Philadelphia mayor Michael Nutter? I wonder if saying this sort of thing will cost Lee his street creds?
Lee blamed the influence that crack cocaine has had in poor neighborhoods and the influence that media have had in glorifying drugs and gangsters, whom he said are primarily portrayed by Black actors.
“I am from the pre-crack generation. When I was growing up, we never, ever, never ridiculed someone because they were a good student,” he said.
“Your generation, they now equate intelligence with acting White and ignorance with acting Black, and they wear it like a badge of honor. They say, ‘I’m ghetto. I’m gangster.’ What they are is ignorant.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home