Tuesday, October 16, 2012

North Korea Tells Obama To Go Stuff Himself

So, how's that policy of appeasement from behind working out?
Two North Korean government officials told a top U.S. official dealing with North Korea that the hermitic Stalinist state would not continue on its path to denuclearization, as promised in 2005, until the United States ends what it sees as America's hostile policy to the DPRK. 

Clifford Hart, the Obama administration's special envoy to the now-defunct Six Party Talks, met with Han Song-ryol, North Korea's deputy ambassador to the United Nations, and Choe Son Hui, the deputy director-general of the North American affairs bureau in the DPRK foreign ministry, late last month in China, two government officials briefed on the meeting told The Cable. The meeting was held on the sidelines of the Northeast Asia Cooperation Dialogue, which was held this year on Sept. 27 and 28 in the Chinese city of Dalian. 

In the meeting, the DPRK officials reiterated their previously stated position that they would consider a review of their nuclear program only after the United States first ended what they allege is its hostile policy toward the DPRK, according to the officials. No progress was made on toward resuming negotiations over North Korea's nuclear program, both officials said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home