Tuesday, December 31, 2013

MSNBC Mocks A Baby

A black baby. 
"Occasionally my jokes have been known to 'cross the line' and I can assure you that in the future some of my jokes will do that again. My joke on MHP was not intended in any way to mock the Romney family or the baby they adopted. Rather it was a joke about the lack of racial diversity that we see at the Republican National Convention. I apologize to the Romney family and especially the baby if any of them were offended by that joke." 

Glenn, for her part, tweeted her defiance: "Yes, I sang the song. There are many children in the pic & only 1 black child. I don't see that as mocking or attacking the baby." 

Then she doubled down: "If I point out the 1 black person & you translate that as an attack ON HIM, who's racist? I don't personally see anything wrong with being black
." 
She eventually realized the tone-deaf nature of her comments: 
"Adoptive parents giving a child of ANY ethnicity a loving home,I apologize.I absolutely did not intend to harm you but it seems that I have." 

At least she finally got there.
When it takes that long and someone else has to explain your transgressions to you, we should all doubt the sincerity of her regrets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home