Seven Hilariously Ironic Press Releases from Leland Yee
Leland Yee showers himself with praise.
7. “I am proud to stand with the California Clean Money Campaign,” said Yee. “It is imperative that we update our laws to limit the influence of money in our political system. I look forward to working with the Clean Money Campaign, Common Cause, FPPC, League of Women Voters, and others as we develop legislation in 2013 to prohibit secret billionaires from trying to steal elections.”
6. “Many parents don’t realize that in the top selling games, the player actively participates in and is rewarded for violence, including killing police officers, maiming elderly persons, running over pedestrians, and torturing women and racial minorities.”
5. “Yee and the show’s host Phil McGraw both earned their Ph.D. in psychology – Yee in child psychology and McGraw in clinical psychology.”
4. “Laundering money through nonprofits in an attempt to avoid transparency is fundamentally undemocratic,” said Yee. “Our democracy should not be bought and sold in shady backroom deals. SB 3 will close this loophole and ensure that Californians are well aware of who is funding campaigns and ballot measures.”
Much better to launder money through Philippine Muslim terrorists.
3. Yee is the past recipient of the Sunshine Award from the Society of Professional Journalists, the Freedom of Information Award by the California Newspaper Publishers Association; Champion of Journalism Education Award by the California Journalism Education Coalition; Beacon Award by the First Amendment Coalition; and the Friend of Scholastic Journalism Award by the Journalism Education Association.
2. Now, rather than face reality and be part of the solution to the widespread proliferation of assault weapons in America, they attempt to pass the buck. More guns are not the answer to protecting our children, as evident by the fact that armed guards weren’t enough to stop the tragedy at Columbine High School. The NRA’s response is pathetic and completely unacceptable.
1. “The students and taxpayers of California deserve to know the level of Ms. Katehi’s involvement in this scandal,” said Yee. “It is very disturbing that such corruption happened under her watch and that she has been less than forthcoming in responding to these charges. There needs to be accountability.”