Epic Take Down of Oregon's Obamacare
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato
Is this really all the Democrats have? As Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Condoleeza Rice and many others have learned, when a woman rises to prominence within the Republican Party, Democrats unleash the real War on Women.
Barack Obama appointed Nobel Prize-winning physicist Steven Chu as his first Secretary of Energy. Among his brilliant ideas was to paint roofs white, to reflect the sun's rays back into space. So, how's that working out?
A misguided and flawed federal government initiative could be costing Bangor residents and business owners untold dollars in wasted energy costs — and in a small way contributing to global warming.
Maine home and business owners are being told they should use white roofs as the standard in construction of new homes and buildings. White roofs are mandated in some parts of the U.S. and promoted as an energy-efficient means of reducing air-conditioning costs, which is absolutely true.However, what often goes unmentioned is that there is a heating penalty associated with the use of white roofs in northern cities such as Bangor.In southern locales, the bulk of a building’s energy bill is attributed to air-conditioning costs, and thus, a reflective white roof can be used effectively to lower energy usage. But in northern climates such as Maine, where the energy used to heat a building is many times greater than energy used on air-conditioning, a reflective white roof can notably increase energy usage and overall costs.
Leland Yee showers himself with praise.
7. “I am proud to stand with the California Clean Money Campaign,” said Yee. “It is imperative that we update our laws to limit the influence of money in our political system. I look forward to working with the Clean Money Campaign, Common Cause, FPPC, League of Women Voters, and others as we develop legislation in 2013 to prohibit secret billionaires from trying to steal elections.”
6. “Many parents don’t realize that in the top selling games, the player actively participates in and is rewarded for violence, including killing police officers, maiming elderly persons, running over pedestrians, and torturing women and racial minorities.”
5. “Yee and the show’s host Phil McGraw both earned their Ph.D. in psychology – Yee in child psychology and McGraw in clinical psychology.”
4. “Laundering money through nonprofits in an attempt to avoid transparency is fundamentally undemocratic,” said Yee. “Our democracy should not be bought and sold in shady backroom deals. SB 3 will close this loophole and ensure that Californians are well aware of who is funding campaigns and ballot measures.”
3. Yee is the past recipient of the Sunshine Award from the Society of Professional Journalists, the Freedom of Information Award by the California Newspaper Publishers Association; Champion of Journalism Education Award by the California Journalism Education Coalition; Beacon Award by the First Amendment Coalition; and the Friend of Scholastic Journalism Award by the Journalism Education Association.
2. Now, rather than face reality and be part of the solution to the widespread proliferation of assault weapons in America, they attempt to pass the buck. More guns are not the answer to protecting our children, as evident by the fact that armed guards weren’t enough to stop the tragedy at Columbine High School. The NRA’s response is pathetic and completely unacceptable.
1. “The students and taxpayers of California deserve to know the level of Ms. Katehi’s involvement in this scandal,” said Yee. “It is very disturbing that such corruption happened under her watch and that she has been less than forthcoming in responding to these charges. There needs to be accountability.”
How can any remotely honest news organization fail to notice the obvious link among all these corruption case? #DemocraticParty
Charlotte Mayor Patrick Cannon is facing public corruption charges after prosecutors said he solicited $48,000 in cash, airline tickets, a hotel room and the use of a luxury apartment as bribes from undercover FBI agents posing as developers. Cannon is the latest mayor of a large city to face a scandal in recent years.