Friday, May 08, 2015

Progressives Love Blasphemous Art, as Long as it's Anti-Christian

Wanna dunk a crucifix into a jar of urine? According to liberals, you should get a federal grant.
Which brings us to Pamela Geller. I’m consistent: I didn’t like “Piss Christ,” and I don’t like insulting drawings of Mohammed. If Geller wanted an NEA grant to dunk Mohammed in beautifully illuminated urine, I would disagree quite strongly.  
But that’s not what she’s doing. She’s contending that in America, people are allowed to say offensive things without risking execution. I am at a loss as to why anyone would disagree with that. But I am utterly baffled how people who think it’s censorship to withdraw funding for anti-Christian “hate speech” can argue that private individuals have no right to express anti-Muslim views.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home